Friday, April 25, 2008

Break-up with Blockbuster

I've quite recently been told that the quality of writing on my blog has gone way down since I've been in love. To that comment, I'd like to respond with the following:

Dear Blockbuster-

I'm not sure how you've gotten my e-mail address, but seriously, enough is enough. Leave me alone. I'm ready to opt out.

We had our good times, it's true. I'll always remember the many times I ran to you right at midnight so you wouldn't charge me a hefty fine. And there were the many evenings I'd come in looking for something that you didn't offer (that always was a "hallmark of our relationship," wouldn't you say?), but those times are in the past. Sure, we may have been "uniquely invested," but I'm with Netflix now and we're really happy together. I mean 'Flix comes to me, is reliable, e-mails me to let me know when he'll be here (and is always available instantly, whenever I need a fix), and consistently leaves me satisified. That relationship is really meeing my needs; we've been together more than 4 months and have established quite a long queue.

So really, Blockbuster, quit creeping over into my other e-mail accounts. I mean, come on! Saying things like, "You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost," is just far too little, far too late.

We're finished. Tell your webmaster. And leave me the hell alone.

Sincerely,

mjp (aka: viajera1077[at]yahoo)



And for those who aren't yet totally disgusted by my smitten inloveness, here's some pictures from the opera Thursday night night. The new Long Center + Carmen + fancy dress = nothing but great. Plus, J looks DAMN good in his suit. I'm not looking too bad myself, either. We are SO fancy. And we love each other--have I MENTIONED that?!?!?!?!?

4 comments:

Melanie said...

i'm digging the new 'do.
just so ya know.

Sars said...

Uh, we are still talking about DVDs, aren't we?

awl said...

You two look hot... and a bit hoity- toity since you are outside of the opera.

mitsi said...

(1) I like the 'do, as well.

(2) This post should absolutely be taken at face value. Any attemps to ascribe deeper meaning to it are a waste of cerebral effort and an unnecessary strain on one's cognitive load.

(3) We are smokin' hot. AND hoity-toity. One might even say "highfalutin."