Friday, April 18, 2008

All of my Friends are Always Right

Ladies, this is for you:

Perhaps I don't tell you this enough, but you're right. Pretty much all the time. I can be right, but typically in those times when I'm seeking counsel from you (or when I'm not, but you give it anyway), you're right. You're right. I stand corrected, because you're right.

You were right for a long time about, well, you know. You were all right.

You were right yesterday, when I was freaking out about the misunderstanding. You're right. Everything's totally ok, and you were right.

Thank you so much, my dears, for being in my corner even when I'm not-quite-right. I believe this is reciprocal, sometimes I can be right... it's just that you're all right too.

And today, again, I'm alright. Thanks to all of you for keeping me in check.

Oil and perfume make the heart glad,
So a [woman]'s counsel is sweet to [her] friend.
Proverbs 27:9

2 comments:

Sars said...

A post like that is totally mean to a hormonal, exhasuted new mother because now I'm crying and snarfling all over the place. Thanks, though, it's nice to think I occasionally get it right, especially because my two-year-old does not think so at all.

cdub said...

Well, Mrs. Soufle, I'm glad you know what all that's about AND that you're right. I never doubted you of course. Or our dear MJP for that matter.