Monday, February 25, 2008

Bitches get stuff done!

Topic #1: BITCHES

Regardless of your political affiliation, you should definitely check out this video. You can fast forward to where there's 2:09 left if you want.

Yeah! Don't you feel all fired up now! Seriously. Bitch is the new black! Couldn't have put it better myself.

I have a sort of girl crush on Tina Fey. I really think we'd be good friends. Amy Poehler, too (plus she's married to Will Arnett, who's likely not a jerk [see below], but played one on TV). Maybe I'll invite them to my graduation party, as I'm sure they'd enjoy themselves. Those ladies are smart, kinda nerdy, and hys-terical. They would fit in well with my friends.

Topic #2: JERKS

A friend sent me this link today. Go read it now.

The friend who sent it said, "sounds too familiar..." So true. One of my girlfriends and I frequently commiserate about "Kryptonite boys." Maybe you've had the misfortune of being associated with one of these characters. The article portrays the situation perfectly: "we meet the jerk and in some twisted way are seduced by his confidence, charm, and passion. We don't see these as the disguises they are: confidence is really arrogance, charm comes from him being a player, and his passion is being the center of his own universe."

Kryptonite boys [I know of one reported case of a Kryptonite girl, as well, so maybe I should say Kryptonite people] crawl under your skin until sometimes all you have is anger to keep you safe from them and the tremendously dangerous pull they have over you. All reason goes out the window when you're involved with them. And there's no known cure, so one must remind themself over and over that they are not and never really were good for you.

Topic 3: SONGS OF THE WEEK

This week's songs are topical.
For Topic #1, some classic Elton John.
For Topic #2, (so hard to choose!) The Plain White Tees (in honor of this week's angries).

Take care of yourselves, bitches. Don't let the jerks get you down. (And remember, they're not all jerks.) :)

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Just so you know I've been watching that Tina Fey skit over and over.

Love the blog. It's fab!