Friday, February 22, 2008

Da' beers, da' Bears, De' bate

[this has nothing to do with Da' Bears, but I like saying it]

I'm so bummed out that only 100 students got to attend last night's debate. I'm also a little irritated because one of my classmates (who's an international student--not going to be able to vote here) DID get to go. Grrrrr. Of course, that irritation might be linked to the general malaise of my stomach from having beer, fried pickles, and cheese/bacon/jalapeno fries for dinner while watching last night's debate at a nearby bar [as we were unable to get into (a) the real debate or (b) the screening at the Union].

I still don't know who I'm voting for. I liked what both candidates had to say about bilingualism/promotion of foreign languages. I thought the question was so very interesting...
"Is bilingualism a threat to American society?" Yeah, a big huge threat. Goodness knows we wouldn't want people to be able to communicate with MORE people. It's not a threat to any of the other societies in the world... come on, folks.

Anyway, I wasn't really expecting anything to be crystal clear after the debate, but it would have been nice. I know I'm NOT voting for Ron Paul... I guess that's a step. I should totally be focusing more on the local side of things, as that's where my vote will actually make a difference; I'll add it to my to-do list.

Speaking of to-do list, I am so dog-gone tired... I've been utterly day-to-day lately just to get everything done! Some sleep really would be nice. I shouldn't bitch about this... a classmate from Motivation had a baby 3 weeks ago and is back in class AND teaching. I think her name must be Wonder Woman. Shoot.

Have I mentioned how much I love Dr. Wicker? So much. Guys named Frank really catch my fancy. He is so funny, in an erudite-professorial-way. He "flossed his brain" today in class [picture the "arrow through the head" trick, but with yarn]. Too funny... not funny if anyone else were doing it, but hilarious because you know that the tidbits of brain that might stick to the metaphorical floss would be rich with intelligence. Plus, it was just funny how he hid behind the overhead to put the "brain floss" on.

And I sat by Joey Tribbiani today. I had to cover up my doodles of his pirate "ARR" tattoo, 'cause I swear he was looking at my notes.

No comments: