Sunday, March 02, 2008

Don't tell Sarah's mom...

It's been a busy week. It's been a FABULOUS weekend. There is so much to blog about, but I'm going to try to stay on topic for a bit.

On Thursday, Anissa called and convinced me to skip class Friday to go with her to Waco for a Clinton rally [incidentally, she tried to convince me to cancel class Thursday so we could go to an Obama rally... what a bad influence that one is]. So Friday morning, I cruised up to Jorge-ville, and we headed on to Waco for the rally.

Having never been to a rally before, I'll tell you what you might expect [at a small town rally]:

- a lot of posters being waved about



- giant flags


- a considerable amount of standing and waiting



- some excellent photo/video opportunities (especially if you're at a small-town blue rally in the middle of a red state)

- hordes of people pushing to the front for handshakes/signatures (I was literally pushed by the crowd up up against the barriers [how do those not fall over?]; I did get a signature on my poster, though [may be hard to see in this photo]! History is mine!).
- giant skull art (perhaps that's unique to Waco and not generalizable to all rallies).
It was a good time, overall, once we got past the excessive standing/waiting part. We met some nice Waco-ites(?), did some interesting people-watching, and felt very political and involved.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Can I tell you how jealous I am?? I mean about visiting Waco. I could leave or take the Hillary part. I kid, I kid!

Sars said...

I'm pretty sure if these pictures get out that Murphy will never be invited to play with Brenna and Dixie again, as he might lead them astray with his wild liberal stance on puppy healthcare! But don't worry, I'm not telling.

Kate said...

I think my favorite part of that entry is your pose on top of the giant cow skull.