Tuesday, January 29, 2008

peak experience

Oh my.

I had the most wonderful amazing-sushi-fatabulousness experience this evening.

I'm sort of in shock from the wonder.

Joon Yee & I went to Uchi, and now that I think about it, I don't know if I even have words to describe the grandeur of it all... we both made happy sighing noises all the way home from the restaurant. The sashimi--good. The tasty bits of sea bass drizzling in citrus vinagrette with garlic and black pepper--amazing. The yellowtail, crispy shallot, avacado, golden roe, other magical ingredients roll--quite sure I'm dead in heaven right now.

So, I think I get it now, why Uchi has been touted as the best restaurant in Austin since I've lived here. It's not just sushi, it's damn creative and amazing.

I'm going to go have sweet dreams of my dinner now. Aah.

No comments: