Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Saturn's Return

I don't typically buy into astrology... I just don't know how it jives with my spiritual worldview and it seems kind of like hocus pocus.


That being said, there are at times things I run across that do make quite a bit of sense. There are descriptions of us Scorpios that seem to peg me completely. And while the idea that the position of the planets could affect my life seems a little far-fetched, I do believe in a great big mysterious God whose works are just that--mysterious. Why wouldn't He involve the planets in our lives?


I was talking with a classmate today during our break about some of what I've been going through in the past few weeks. I mentioned some emotional turmoils, a particularly significant birthday, and a desire to have a clean slate. She said, "Well, that totally makes sense. It's what's supposed to happen. It's your Saturn Return."


Now, like I said, astrology and me.... eh, I don't know. So I did a little Googling, and it makes some sense. I can relate to this idea. Here's a sample:


The first Saturn Return marks the end of youth and the beginning of the productive adult years. It is now that you truly become an adult--not at eighteen or twenty-one. You realize your need to define yourself as an individual within society and to demonstrate what you've learned.


Saturn Return almost always requires some major adjustments in lifestyle, attitudes, and relationships. Anything you have outgrown, or have tolerated but not found satisfying, must end now or be altered to meet your emerging needs. According to Hand, "Consciously or unconsciously, you are pruning your life of everything that is not relevant to what you really are as a human being."


How fitting that I celebrated this "coming of age" with a double quinceanera.

So it's my prerogative to feel all crazy and feel like the big decisions need to be made now. After all, it's my Saturn Return.

(By the way, I also believe in dreams and won't negate life on other planets. What kind of loony ass hippie Austinite have I become!?)

1 comment:

Monika said...

Hey
Sorry for spamming, but I really like your writings and wanted to ask you if we could exchange links? Please write me a comment in my blog (my everyday glamour) that has to do a bit with the post *lol* then I know that’s okay for you ;-)
Hope you’re okay,
Chililady from Austria